Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12.12.12 THE CONCERT FOR SANDY RELIEF















Last night at Madison Square Garden, the 12.12.12 Concert for Sandy Relief was a huge success. From Bruce Springsteen to Paul McCartney, the stars were shining and the music was great. They all came together for a very worthy cause.

I was watching on HBO and when they showed clips of the devastated areas it really hit home. When Jimmy Fallon came on and spoke about Coney Island, it completely got to me. I was watching this and I was sitting and saying, "That could have been my family and me." The area that I grew up in was devastated but I didn't know the extent of the devastation.

I have friends and family who were without power, water and the necessities of life but they were lucky in comparison to some of the people.

I am donating to the Robin Hood Foundation so the needed support can go to the people that were once my neighbors. I ask everyone that is reading this to take the time and go to www.121212concert.org or call 1-855-465-4357 and make a contribution.

No comments:

Post a Comment