Thursday, November 3, 2011

BREEDER'S CUP 2011


Friday brings the Breeder's Cup to Churchill Downs and Aqueduct opens for the fall meet. What is so special about this Aqueduct opening is the addition of video lottery terminals and electronic table games in the area where the Grandstand used to be. New York is moving in the right direction to get people to come to the track. They are even charging free admission, everyday. Every track that has went to adding slot machines and other forms of gambling in addition to live racing has shown an increase in attendance and on-track betting pools.

Even with that exciting news, Churchill Downs will be the focus on Friday and Saturday. The Breeder's Cup is a two day card bringing the best of the best to compete with each other. There are three races that I am interested in for Friday. They are the Grade 1 Breeder's Cup Filly and Mare Sprint, the Grade 1 Breeder's Cup Filly and Mare Turf and the Grade 1 Breeder's Cup Ladies Classic.

In the Sprint I like Turbulent Descent but I will not get a price. It won't cost me to watch. The Turf race has Nahrain going off at 7-2 on the morning line. The race that Is going to give me a price is the Ladies Classic, I like It's Tricky at 5-1.

Those are my three plays for the Breeder's Cup for Friday but Aqueduct is where the money is going to be. I have a play in the second race at 4-1 and I am going to play a Pick 3 starting with the fourth race. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment